.: Ashes of Kokoto :. (AoK)
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(Image by Liam) .:. We strive to teach new hunters the basics, and turn experienced hunters into masters, to improve ourselves beyond the limit and normal standards

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
.: AoK :.

Index

Forum Rules

Gallery
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Gallery
Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Empty

Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Necrus
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Necrus

Number of posts : 509
Registration date : 2008-10-03

PostSubject: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 5:17 pm

Monster Hunter 2: Freedom - Shen Gaoren Solo-Kill Guide
Orginally composed by Necrus --- for use when fighting Shen Gaoren at the 'Town'
-----
~ Preperation ~
Weapons: Any Fire or Dragon Elemental weapon
Armor: Quake-Resistance is highly useful, example: Blango
-----
Your objective here is to either do enough damage for the Shen Gaoren to flee, or kill it. Assuming you want the rewards and carves - which you should - you'd rather kill it
First, go into the Supply Box and gather everything such as the healing items, Ballista Shots, and Supply Barrel Bombs. Make sure you go to the upper-right part of the area you are in and look for a rack of spears next to a box of cannon balls, gather the spears on the rack until you have 10 of them. You can also find Max Potions and Mega Potions in nearby stalls in this area. Once you've stocked up, head on out to Area 3 where you will have your epic battle I'm sure you've be wanting.
Move up and use the ballastia mounted on the most Northwestern part of the map, where the Shen Gaoren is making it's approach. You can fire off all the shoots at him from that position and shave off 1000 hp before even gets close to the wall. When fighting him, aim for it's legs, keep attacking each leg until they turn dark red and then move on to the next one. Be careful though, these legs will walk casually to the Town's walls but if you are caught in it's steps you will take damage, so study it's movements and attack it and roll as needed. Hit and run tactics are useful meaning to hit the leg until he is about to walk again, then roll to the side to avoid it and repeat. Quake-Resistance is important because the legs will cause your character to shake from each step
At this point, run back to the Town's walls and climb the ladder. Use the Ballista by having the ammo ready in your items menu and pressing square, just like using a bowgun aim and fire at the Shen Gaoren until you are out of ammo. Aim for the shell if you want to break it for the extra reward Now, climb up the ladder even more until you reach the top of the wall where the gaint red-button is (tempting, I know). Wait until the Shen Gaoren has his skull aimed at the wall and press circle, this will activate gaint drills that will cause major and massive damage to him - jump down as countine slashing at his legs until they are all bright red this time. The drill can only be used once in a very long while, you may only have time to do it once, but wait like 10 or 15 minuites assuming you haven't already killed him and you can try it again, it should work a second time!
Once the legs are damaged enough he should fall flat on himself, in which case hack and slash his face for the most damage! If you are using greatswords, use the charge shot.
For the barrel bombs, place them where the legs are going to step so he'll blow them up, best bet and may take timing, though people have told me doesn't actually blow them up, so in this case you could throw a paintball to explode them - and yes they are worth because they do a lot of damage
The bottom line is aim for his legs until they are all bright red and until he falls flat on his face, then wail on him Use Barrel Bombs and the Town's defenses when you can.
- Hope this helps you, if you have any questions, comments, or anything, email me at dustincartwright1@gmail.com, MSN codehacker1120@hotmail.com, or PM on AquaChoas fourms

>>>Happy Hunting<<<
Necrus

Special Thanks: Mark

Drop Rates and Equipment
Weapons made from Shen Gaoren
Greatswords: Bronze Coin/Gaoren Coin (High raw attack, great defense bonus)
Longswords: Centenarian Dagger/Susano Blade (High raw attack, small fire damage, high affinity)
Sword and Shield: None
Dual Swords: None
Hammers: None
Hunting Horn: Bronze Bell/Gaoren Bell (enduces Purple Note)
Lances: Vermillion Rim (Dragon-Element)
Gunlances: None
Light Bowguns: None
Heavy Bowguns: Gaoren's Fire, Bronze Fire
Bows: None
Armor made from Shen Gaoren "Indra" and "Steadfast" - Skills include Guard, Fate, Quake Resistance.
-- Elder
Reward for Breaking,

Shell:
Elder Dragon Bone X2 (50%)
Lao-Shan Shell X1 (35%)
Lao-Shan Horn X1 (15%)
Legs:
Gaoren Claw+ X1 (93%)
Gaoren Pincer X1 (7%)
Carving Body- 5 Carves
Gaoren Shell (52%)
Gaoren Pincer (31%)
Gaoren Spine (17%)
Carving Mouth-3 Carves
Elder Dragon Bone (50%)
Lao-Shan Scale (35%)
Lao Shen Shell (15%)
Capture: N/A Drop: N/A

-- G Rank
Reward for Breaking,

Shell:
Elder Dragon Bone X2 (50%)
Lao-Shan Carapace X1 (26%)
Lao-Shan Horn X1 (24%)
Legs:
Gaoren Claw+ X1 (93%)
Gaoren Pincer X1 (7%)
Carving Body- 5 Carves
Gaoren Carapace (52%)
Gaoren Pincer (31%)
Gaoren Shell (17%)
Carving Mouth- 3 Carves
Elder Dragon Bone (50%)
Lao-Shan Scale+ (35%)
Lao-Shan Carapace (15%)
Capture: N/A Drop: N/A

Last edited by Necrus on Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:27 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,114938
Mark
Knight
Knight
Mark

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 6:18 pm

hmm mind if i add something i heard when you first get your 10 balista go to the final area and fire them at a pillar iin the direction were he comes from and they will hit him that will shave off 1000 hp early in the match Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxLtMarkxX
Necrus
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Necrus

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 05, 2008 9:24 pm

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that to my guide - thanks for the input, I'll credit you for the information Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mark
Knight
Knight
Mark

Number of posts : 187
Registration date : 2008-10-04

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 06, 2008 12:41 am

kool ty
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XxLtMarkxX
G POG
Newcomer
Newcomer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:38 am

Hey thanks for the info...having a hard time with this guy,looking forward to akantor so is quake resist really really vital.
because i dont want to put alot of effort into this armour for one guy if it is vital can you suggest a set thanks. Neutral
Back to top Go down
Necrus
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Necrus

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 17, 2009 3:42 pm

G POG wrote:
Hey thanks for the info...having a hard time with this guy,looking forward to akantor so is quake resist really really vital.
because i dont want to put alot of effort into this armour for one guy if it is vital can you suggest a set thanks. Neutral

Hey Pog, we actually haven't got a post in a long while, we are kind of a dead forum... we tried, but there are just too many MH forums out there already...

My name is Necrus, I was the leader of the Crimson Laceration hunting group
I would be happy to give you any information or advice to help you on your hunts, if you have an MSN or Yahoo add me at codehacker1120@hotmail.com Very Happy

Quake resistance for the Shen Gaoren is very helpful, Kindra and I can kill it without Quake Resistance but it requires more patience and timing to do so, if you are new to fighting it then I do suggest finding an armor with Quake Resistance like Blango, or geming another set to do that

Akantor actually doesn't do earth quakes very much at all, the worst thing he has is damaing roars and fire pillars that sprout from the ground making them nearly impossible to dodge in time... I can give you advice on that beast as well when you reach that point, once you get to know how he works he become very easy to kill

I hope that helps, feel free to post again Razz
Back to top Go down
G POG
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 am

damn sucks that the forum is dead Sad oh well do mind if i keep asking for help here?
btw i killed shen gaoren with tigrex s armour now on to akantor... Shocked
help on that would be nice another thing, whats harder fataltis or akantor? always wondered that. rabbit
Back to top Go down
Necrus
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Necrus

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 18, 2009 3:48 am

Feel free to keep posting if you like Very Happy

Fatalis is MUCH harder than Akantor, soloing it is very difficult...
Back to top Go down
G POG
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 12:53 am

WOOT KILLED AKANTOR SECOND TRY!! cheers that was hard...hmmm what do i need to unlock akantor longsword? i have shell,fang,tail and scale and maybe claw what else would i need to unlock it. thanks king
Back to top Go down
Necrus
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Necrus

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 19, 2009 1:34 am

G POG wrote:
WOOT KILLED AKANTOR SECOND TRY!! cheers that was hard...hmmm what do i need to unlock akantor longsword? i have shell,fang,tail and scale and maybe claw what else would i need to unlock it. thanks king

Akantor Katana
Rarity-8

Attack: 1200
Sharpness: RRROOYYYYYGGG
Affinity: 50%
Slots: --

Akantor Spike: 3
Akantor Shell: 6
Akantor Tail: 1
Union Ore: 10
Back to top Go down
G POG
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 2:44 am

ok i need spike but it only has green sharpness?? scratch well the help ive been getting is nice thanks. so now what can i do with the game my friend is just about at the gathering hall so helpinh him would be fun but now akantors dead what is there to do ut get his armour and weapons. i really dont want to get MHP2G and start again if its not that different. cyclops
Back to top Go down
Necrus
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Necrus

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 3:22 am

2nd G is japanese, so you can't import your Freedom 2 information, unless you can someone to do it, there is a way to convert the information, or get an english Torret if you have custom firmware

You should kill all three Fatalis, and work for their armors and weapons Razz
I had 800 hours of gameplay before moving on to 2nd G, haha - but 2nd G is way different than Freedom 2, its got like its own feel to it, and its much harder if you think you are up for that

and yeah, only green sharpness, however with akantor armor the affinity is so high (70%) that it cuts through just about anything anyway, I recommend making the bow first, it will be more useful
Back to top Go down
G POG
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:46 pm

hmmm all three fatalis that is gonna be hard i downloaded one and it killed me one shot Crying or Very sad (i didnt have any max potions or food on so my health wasent increased) any stratgegies on him in castle shcrade?
thanks tongue
Back to top Go down
Necrus
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Necrus

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 7:57 pm

G POG wrote:
hmmm all three fatalis that is gonna be hard i downloaded one and it killed me one shot Crying or Very sad (i didnt have any max potions or food on so my health wasent increased) any stratgegies on him in castle shcrade?
thanks tongue

#1 rule, don't get hit Very Happy

Get Akantor Bow and start firing away at him, use armor with good gunner skills like Silver Sol or Akantor gunner, just be very careful not to get close and not to get hit

it may take around 40 mins to kill, use as many boosts as you can to do as much damage as possible

Gunning may be the best way to do it solo
Back to top Go down
G POG
Newcomer
Newcomer

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:11 pm

I hate bows and anything to do with gunning ive used longswords since...kut ku
any ideas how to get him with a LS if not oh well. how good is akantor blade master armour cuz it must be better then tigrex S. maybe we should move this discusion to a different thread...shen gaoren? lol! Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) 666340
Back to top Go down
Necrus
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Lord of Kokoto (Admin)
Necrus

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2009 9:30 pm

Haha yeah, post it in another thread
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)   Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Monster Hunter Freedom 2: Shen Gaoren (Town)
Page 1 of 1